Saturday, October 27, 2007

Update on Lacey Saturday 8:00PM Pacific Time



Lacey has still been in a lot of pain. It is very hard for her to get comfortable with the cast and the bar inbetween it. She was restless all night last night and today. Everytime I would fall asleep she would call my name to try and adust her position in bed. They are weaning her off of iv meds and going to oral.

Tammy and I got out of the hospital for a little while this afternoon. It is so beautiful here right now. Pictures can't even do it justice.

I am back on the night shift again tonight and I am not looking forward to leaving to come home on monday. I am looking forward to seeing my other daughter. I miss her dearly.

I have shared this story with some about a vision I had when Lacey was about three. It was on a Sunday night and I was on the platform with my eyes closed praying. It was one of those awesome services where God's presence was so strong. I remember it so well that I can still see it in my head. I saw her STANDING by the baby grand piano and she was eight with long red hair and she had a mike in her hand singing a song.

Here is the cool part! She was scheduled for surgery on her knees two times in Orlando when she was five and six. Both times it did not work out so we decided we would wait for a while. We have always went on pray and our parenting gut feeling about what to do for Lacey's care.

In the summer of 2006 her Doctor in San Antonio, Tx that does her titanium ribs told us about Doctor Kit Song here in Seattle. My wife made an appointment in May and flew here with Lacey for clinic. Keep in mind Lacey was now seven. So after her surgery this past September on her rib expansion my wife contacted Seattle and we set up a date. I was praying and trying to get an answer as well as my wife about this surgery because our parenting gut feeling was not working this time. On Friday morning Oct 5th I was in a meeting and my vision hit me. I got chills and knew this was right.

Then this morning I was laying here thinking about her surgery and her standing by the piano. In that vision 5 years ago I did not see her healed just that she was standing. This was my thought this morning. Could it have been that her singing the song was actually Dr Kit SONG who would operate on her knees when she was EIGHT years old? We are convinced that the other two times did not work out for this reason. If God ever gives you a vision in due season it will come to pass.

Thanks Again for your continued prayers!

No comments: