Monday, July 24, 2006

A Miracle Hug!

















If you have read my previous post “Lacey’s Story” you know about her difficulties. 7 years ago this morning she was born. I have been so charged up for the past few days! God gave us a miracle that morning and the beginning of many! Our fears were GREAT and we didn’t know all that was going to happen. I vividly remember seeing her almost lifeless twisted form being rushed away to the small NICU unit. I remember the shock in our hearts and the disbelief. Her little body was hooked to tube after tube. The doctors in the little NICU unit had no explanation as to whether she would live or die or for that matter what to do. I remember sitting in a chair that day, my heart broke and my pastor saying you did the right thing. I remember the flight nurse from Tampa General Hospital coming into the room to take our little baby to their specialized NICU and telling my broken hearted wife don’t worry I will take good care of her and I promise I will call you when we get to Tampa.

We had a party for her this past Saturday at Chuck E Cheese and I don’t think there was another parent in that building that could have been more thankful for their child’s 7th birthday. Last night as I put her to bed she threw her little arms around my neck gave me a great big HUG and said “I Love you Daddy” my heart pounded with thanks to God for his miraculous power.

Give your family a HUG today and let them know how thankful you are for them.

Please keep Lacey in your prayers we will be flying to Texas next week. She has another surgery on her back August 8th.

4 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I'm inspired by the love you and Tammy have for your daughters.

Philip Harrelson said...

I have been moving around for the last hour or so among your friends and co-workers. Does Chad allow folks to take his pics and use them?

The one that really stood out the most was the "pink lady". Do you all have to pay your employer to work there? Seems to me like you all are having too much fun.

I think I may have discovered a way to get you another job should you want one. . . wear flip-flops for four consecutive days and see what happens. . .

Later,
PH

Gabriella said...

Happy Birthday to Lacey!!!! I will be keeping her in prayer.

Gabriella said...

Happy Birthday to Lacey!!!
I will be keeping her in prayer.