Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Carol Jean







I took these pictures as we were leaving Key West on friday afternoon around 2:30PM. When I saw this fishing boat my mind begin to wonder. They were headed to port so perhaps they had been out most of the day or even days. I wondered where did the boat get its name? Was it the Captains wife or a lady of long ago? You can tell by the pictures that this vessel has made many voyages. What kind of fish had they caught? I was amazed at the big nets on the sides. If I could I would have interviewed this crew. What incredible stories they could have told about life in the Keys aboard the Carol Jean!

6 comments:

Coy Hill said...

The Carol Jean’s nets look like it may be a shrimper. It looks like it isn’t too heavily loaded as she is riding high above the load line on her side. This old boat certainly has a story to tell!

Good pics.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Good ones. Glad you posted these.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

You should show these to Bob Jenkins.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Bro!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Hi.

Have you found an FW for me yet?

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Have you seen Ted Hart?